[visionlist] Postdocs in Vision and Action in Amsterdam (Brenner) and Cardiff (Rushton)

Simon Rushton RushtonSK at cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Feb 7 14:25:37 -04 2019

We are looking for two post-docs to work on projects to study how active observers deal with the continuously changing retinal input that they encounter. The positions are funded by a grant awarded to Katja Fiehler (Giessen), Simon Rushton (Cardiff) and Eli Brenner (Amsterdam) to study how visual space is represented for various tasks. One project will concentrate on how visual information is processed in relation to locomotion (Cardiff). The other will concentrate on how various features of surrounding objects, including such factors as their stability over time, influence the control of arm movements (Amsterdam). The anticipated starting date is in the spring of 2019. We have funding for up to 3 years. Requests for information should be sent to RushtonSK at cardiff.ac.uk<mailto:RushtonSK at cardiff.ac.uk> for the Cardiff position and eli.brenner at vu.nl<mailto:eli.brenner at vu.nl> for the Amsterdam position. We expect applicants to have a PhD on a topic related to visual psychophysics or visuo-motor control. The closing date for applications is the 28th of February 2019.

Applications for the Amsterdam position should go direct to Eli Brenner (eli.brenner at vu.nl<mailto:eli.brenner at vu.nl>).

Applications for the Cardiff position should go via the following  webpage
https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=30011&siteid=5461&AReq=8223BR#jobDetails=1438406_5461
Note, the starting salary is £33,199 to £36,613 (i.e. from 0 to 3 years postdoc) - ignore what it says on the webpage.

And despite a little local political difficulty you might have heard about (Brexit..) the UK is still open and welcoming to scientists from the abroad, there has been no change to the right to work for EU citizens or to the work permit processes for those from further afield.