[visionlist] VSS Satellite Event: Aesthetics Social

Ed Vessel edvessel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 08:28:17 -04 2019

Aesthetics Social
Satellite event at VSS
Monday May 20th, 2-3:30pm, Citrus/Glades
https://www.visionsciences.org/2019-satellite-events <https://www.visionsciences.org/2019-satellite-events>

Our lives are full of aesthetic experiences. When we look at art, people surrounding us, or views out of the window, we cannot help but assess how much the sight pleases us. This social meeting brings together researchers interested in understanding such aesthetic responses. We will highlight aesthetics research being presented at VSS in a “Data Blitz” session, followed by an open discussion and time to socialize. Light refreshments will be offered.

Data Blitz presentations are open to anyone presenting aesthetics-related work at VSS. Selection for presentation will be made by the organizing committee based on scientific rigor, potential impact and interest, academic position (preference given to students/early stage researchers), and whether your work was selected for a talk or poster at VSS (priority given to posters).

If you are interested in presenting your findings at the Data Blitz session please send an email to ed.vessel at ae.mpg.de <mailto:ed.vessel at ae.mpg.de> (ATTN: Aesthetics Social Data Blitz) by April 5, 2019 with the following information:
Presenter name, affiliation, and academic status (student/postdoc/PI/etc.)
Presentation title and abstract
Date/time and type of VSS presentation (poster/talk)

This event is sponsored by the International Association of Empirical Aesthetics (IAEA; https://www.science-of-aesthetics.org <https://www.science-of-aesthetics.org/>) and the Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics (MPIEA; https://www.aesthetics.mpg.de/en.html <https://www.aesthetics.mpg.de/en.html>).

—
Edward A. Vessel, PhD

Department of Neuroscience
Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics
Grüneburgweg 14, 60322 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49 69 8300479-327

ed.vessel [at] aesthetics.mpg.de
www.aesthetics.mpg.de/en.html