[visionlist] PostDoc on 3D Computer Vision (CCHT at Ca'Foscari) - deadline March 15
stuart at stuart-james.net
Fri Mar 8 09:47:30 -04 2019
The IIT center at Ca' Foscari University in Venice - Center for Cultural
Heritage Technology at CàFoscari (CCHT at CàFoscari) has the mission to
research and promote new technologies and to extend existing techniques
for preservation and analysis of the invaluable Cultural Heritage assets
managed by cities, galleries, libraries, archives and museums across
different fields of art. CCHT at Ca'Foscari is currently seeking to appoint
a Computer Vision Postdoc on advance methods for 3D digitalisation.
The selected candidate will join an interdisciplinary team of
researchers, contributing to the development of next generation 3D
digitization and machine learning approaches applied to the Cultural
Heritage (CH) and Digital Humanities (DH) domain.
- A Ph.D. in computer science (with specialization in either computer
vision or machine learning) or related field;
- Proficiency with programming languages, in particular Python, C/C++
- Experience in the 3D computer vision field e.g. 3D reconstruction from
RGBD data, photometric stereo, structure from motion, BRDF estimation,
structured light systems.
- Good communication skills and ability to cooperate;
- Proficient in English language (written and oral).
- Knowledge of OpenCV, PCL and Open3D libraries;
- Practical experience on Deep Learning algorithms and relevant
platforms for geometric learning (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano, Caffe);
- Experience in Cultural Heritage 2D-3D digitization and analysis.
The successful candidate will be offered a salary commensurate to
experience and skills.
The call will remain open until the position is filled but a first
deadline for evaluation of candidates will be March 15, 2019. Please
send your application to ccht at iit.it quoting “CCHT Computer Vision
Postdoc – BC 75117” in the e-mail subject. Your application shall
contain i) a detailed CV, ii) a one-page research statement and iii)
contact information of two referees.
More details at:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist