[visionlist] please post on behalf of Maureen McCall
maureen.mccall at louisville.edu
Fri Mar 15 09:19:50 -04 2019
Two postdoctoral job opportunities:
* Post Doctoral fellowships to work on animal-based research into inhibitory subunit receptor specific inhibition in the visual responses of retinal ganglion cells. We plan to use optical, molecular (including AAV manipulation of protein expression), and electrophysiological tools to understand the roles of different glycine receptor subunits in the visually evoked responses of retinal ganglion cells.
* The McCall Laboratory is part of the University of Louisville Vision Science Center, which is a research group of 7 individuals who study visual function throughout the CNS. We are a multidisciplinary group whose research includes both basic and applied topics, involving visual processing in normal and diseased retina as well as other central visual targets. The VSC members have ongoing collaborations across labs.
* The McCall has several on-going collaborations both within and outside University of Louisville and publications from the lab appear in a variety of neuroscience and vision related journals.
* Two post docs are sought to join an going project, that has just received 5 years of funding from the NEI. In the project we will continue to examine the role of glycinergic inhibition in shaping the visual responses of retinal ganglion cells, a long term focus of the McCall lab. We will manipulate the expression of glycine subunit using molecular techniques and viral vectors. Experience in electrophysiological techniques, specifically whole cell patch clamp is required, although experience in retinal neuroscience is NOT. The opportunity to learn molecular biological, biochemical and imaging approaches is available.
* ONLY PhDs with experience in electrophysiological and/or single cell functional imaging will be considered.
Other important requirements:
* Highly motivated, team players.
* Solid publication record.
* Experience with whole cell patch clamp recordings.
* All levels of experience are welcome and salary is commensurate with experience (NIH postdoctoral salary scale).
Please send your CV which includes the name and contact information of at least two references , to:
Mo.mccall at louisville.edu<mailto:Mo.mccall at louisville.edu>
Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist