[visionlist] TrackPixx vs EyeLink II

Mark Lescroart mlescroart at unr.edu
Mon Apr 8 14:03:25 -04 2019

Hello,

Our department is looking into a new MR-compatible eye tracker, and we are considering the Vpixx TrackPixx or the SR Research EyeLink 1000. I have experience with the EyeLink, but not with he TrackPixx - can anyone here speak to the quality of data from the TrackPixx, or share any relevant experiences? (for example, does the noise in the two systems differ as a function of gaze position, is the built-in gaze estimation software better in one than the other, is the illuminant easier to position or the camera easier to focus for one vs the other, etc). As far as I have heard, the principal benefit of the TrackPixx is its integration with the Vpixx ProPixx projector - the combination of the two allows very low-latency gaze-contingent displays. This is not currently a high priority for our department. We are principally looking to monitor fixation near the center of a display, with as little noise as possible. For such a simple use profile, is there a meaningful difference between the two systems?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Best,
Mark

Mark Lescroart
Assistant Professor of Cognitive & Brain Sciences
University of Nevada, Reno
email: mlescroart at unr.edu<mailto:mlescroart at unr.edu>
office: (775) 682-6807
cell: (213) 447-0752