[visionlist] PhD positions: University of Southampton, UK
W.Adams at soton.ac.uk
Fri May 3 08:52:44 -04 2019
*** Fully-funded PhD positions ***
What: PhD positions are available in Professor Wendy Adams’ lab, at the University of Southampton, UK. We study how humans use visual or visual-haptic information to understand the 3D structure and material properties of objects and scenes. We use a combination of lab-based behavioural studies and computational modelling.
The positions are funded by ESRC studentships, which cover all tuition fees and provide an annual, tax-free maintenance grant.
Where: The successful applicant will join Professor Wendy Adams’ lab in the Centre for Perception and Cognition<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/psychology/research/centres/centre-for-perception-and-cognition.page#group_overview%0A____________________> at the University of Southampton. Facilities include a virtual reality environment, visual-haptic presentation (Phantom force-feedback, oculus touch), stereoscopic presentation, eye tracking, computational modelling (super-computing) and EEG.
How: I welcome informal enquiries at w.adams at soton.ac.uk<mailto:w.adams at soton.ac.uk>, and / or speak to me at VSS.
* For more information, or to apply please visit the project website<https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=1078518JW> (reference 1078518JW).
Who: ESRC-funded positions are open to **uk residents<https://www.southcoastdtp.ac.uk/funding-eligibility/>.
* You should have an UG degree in Psychology or a related field.
* Preference will be given to applicants with some experience of programming (e.g. Matlab) and of behavioural research with human participants.
* Applicants without a Master's degree can apply for 4 years of funding, and would complete a 1-year Master’s followed by a 3-year PhD.
* Applicants with a Master's degree in a related field can apply for 3 years of PhD funding.
When: The deadline for applications is 11.59pm on 18th June 2019. Expected start date: October 2019.
** Non-UK applicants can apply for this EU-funded PhD / researcher position (reference 1131819JW<https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?id=20832&forced=2>), part of the DyViTo<https://dyvito.com> network, deadline 9th May 2019.
Professor of Experimental Psychology
Director, Centre for Perception and Cognition
Deputy-Head of Psychology: Director of Research and Enterprise
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist