[visionlist] Phd position on Multisensory integration for locomotion and orientation - IIT (Genoa, Italy)
Luigi.Cuturi at iit.it
Fri May 3 10:43:12 -04 2019
Apologies for cross-posting
PhD application open (deadline: 12th June 2019)
Multisensory integration for locomotion and orientation
Tutors: Dr. Monica Gori, Prof. Giulio Sandini, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Research Units: RBCS & U-VIP
Advances in our understanding of how the brain processes mobility and locomotion skills have been attained by means of neurophysiological, psychophysical, neuropsychological, neuroimaging, and computational modelling studies. Robotics, Brain and Cognitive Sciences and Unit for Visually Impaired People (IIT) are looking for a PhD in the field of multisensory integration for locomotion and orientation. The goal of the project is to:
* To understand the brain mechanisms associated with the development of mobility, orientation and locomotion abilities in adults and children (e.g. vestibular, visual, acoustic).
* To develop specific technologies to support the inclusion of with visual disabilities through natural sensory-motor associations.
* The demonstration and the validation of the technology through user, experimental and clinical studies.
Requirements: The PhD student will be involved in doing psychophysical and EEG experiments with adults and children and to help in the development of device from the electronic and software point of view.
A background in biomedical engineering or cognitive neuroscience, and programming skills are required.
* Cuturi, L.F. , Aggius-Vella, E., Campus, C., Parmiggiani, A., and Gori, M. (2016) From science to technology: orientation and mobility in blind children and adults. Neurosci and Biobehavioral Reviews.
* Cuturi, L.F., and Gori, M., (2017) The Effect of Visual Experience on Perceived Haptic Verticality When Tilted in the Roll Plane, Frontiers in Neuroscience
Contacts: Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the perspective tutors before they submit their application: monica.gori at iit.it<mailto:monica.gori at iit.it>, giulio.sandini at iit.it<mailto:giulio.sandini at iit.it>;
Application guide: https://www.iit.it/phd-school/phd-school-admission-guide
Workplace: Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa, Italy
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia - IIT (www.iit.it) - was founded with the objective of promoting Italy's technological development and further education in science and technology. In this framework, IIT's scientific program is based on the combination of basic scientific research with the development of technical applications, a major inspirational principle. The research areas cover scientific topics of high innovative content, representing the most advanced frontiers of modern technology, with wide application possibilities in various fields ranging from medicine to industry, from computer science to robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnology.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist