[visionlist] Research Opportunities at the Centre for Vision Research, Toronto

Laurie Mae Wilcox lwilcox at yorku.ca
Sun May 5 17:36:51 -04 2019

Research Opportunities at the Centre for Vision Research, Toronto
Laurie Wilcox and Robert Allison

We have several positions available in the coming year at the graduate, and post-doctoral levels to study perceptual distortions in virtual reality/augmented reality.

We are seeking individuals with background in stereoscopic vision, depth perception, and/or cross-modal integration. Experience with 3D display systems and programming (Matlab, Python) would be an asset.

Our project spans both fundamental and applied vision, with exciting opportunities to work directly with industry partners.

Rob and I will be at VSS and would be happy to meet and discuss potential opportunities for collaboration. Please contact either or both of us at lwilcox at yorku.ca<mailto:lwilcox at yorku.ca> and allison at eecs.yorku.ca<mailto:allison at eecs.yorku.ca>.

We are part of a major interdisciplinary vision research centre http://www.cvr.yorku.ca/  with additional funding opportunities through our Canada First Research Excellence Fund  http://vista.info.yorku.ca/

See you at VSS!
Laurie

Laurie M. Wilcox
Professor, Psychology