[visionlist] [JOB] R&D Sensory & Consumer Research Scientist at IFF
anshuljjain at gmail.com
Mon May 6 09:11:56 -04 2019
The Sensory & Consumer Research group at IFF is looking for a highly
qualified Research Scientist with a strong research background. Please
e-mail your application to me or apply directly on the IFF careers website (
https://www.iff.com/careers/careers-at-iff) if you are interested.
*R&D Sensory & Consumer Research Scientist, Temp (Tracking Code: 6321-292)*
The Sensory & Consumer Research group at IFF is a vibrant research group
which, in addition to its core capabilities in sensory and consumer
research, also includes capabilities in neurophysiology and engineering. As
a researcher, you will be a key contributor to a variety of research
projects. Your specific responsibilities will include: 1) design & conduct
sensory and psychophysical studies with a focus on olfactometry 2) design &
conduct behavioral neuroscience studies 3) conduct data analysis &
interpret findings in order to derive key insights and 4) work with
engineering team to automate and enhance sensory capabilities.
This is a temporary role with the possibility of converting to full-time in
To be successful in this role you must have a solid research background
with strong experimental design and data analysis skills, as demonstrated
by peer-reviewed publications and presentations at academic conferences. An
MS or a PhD (preferred) in Perceptual Science or related field (e.g.
Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Neuroscience) is required. You should
also be able to function independently within a broadly defined technical
area and lead assigned project activities.
*You will spend your time…*
- Design and conduct sensory/psychophysical research studies (25%)
- Design and conduct behavioral neuroscience studies (25%)
- Analyze data to derive insights using advanced data analysis methods
- Optimize and implement research protocols with a focus on olfactometry
- Work with engineering team to automate and enhance sensory
- Act as functional representative on project teams (5%)
- Excellent statistical data analysis skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Programming experience in any of MATLAB, JAVA, Unity, and Python is a
- CULTIVATE INNOVATION. Explore and go beyond the obvious, generate new
or unique solutions/ideas and push them through the organization.
- DRIVE FOR RESULTS. Inspires and builds the confidence within the team
to achieve targets; set clear objectives and always try to exceed them.
*We are IFF.* We are the catalyst for discoveries that spark the senses and
transform the everyday. International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. is a
leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the
heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly
asking "what if?" That passion for exploration drives us to co-create
unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and
household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages. Our 7,300 team
members globally take advantage of leading consumer insights, research and
development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to develop
*Job Location: *Union Beach, New Jersey, United States
* Position Type: *Temp-To-Hire
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist