[visionlist] 5th Visual Properties Driving Visual Preference (VPDVP) workshop

Marco Bertamini marco.bertamini at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:07:41 -04 2019

Visual Properties Driving Visual Preference (VPDVP) workshopJune 13-14

The 5th edition of the Visual Properties Driving Visual Preference (VPDVP) workshop will take place at Liverpool Hope University (Hope Park Campus) on 13-14 June 2019.
Keynote speakers:
Johan Wagemans (University of Leuven, Belgium)
“Aesthetics in the wild: What we can learn from multi-method museum studies”
Chris McManus (UCL, UK)
"People differ ...?"
Edward Vessel (Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics, Germany)
"Embracing an interactionist view of aesthetic preference"

The meeting is sponsored by the International Association of Empirical Aesthetics (IAEA)
https://science-of-aesthetics.org

Since 2015, VPDVP has provided the forum to explore preference for a variety of visual properties, including symmetry, fractals, natural statistics and smooth curvature. More information on VPDVP and on previous editions can be found here: www.bertamini.org/lab/vpdvp.html

Whilst keeping the same format (i.e. presentations and round table discussions), this year we explore empirical aesthetics and visual preference in relation to individual differences, mental health and wellbeing.

In order to allow fruitful discussions, we plan on keeping the number of attendees low. To enquire about space please contact: vpdvpworkshop at gmail.com

Letizia Palumbo and Marco Bertamini