[visionlist] Jack Pettigrew 1943-2019

Saul, Alan ASAUL at augusta.edu
Wed May 8 14:09:15 -04 2019

Very upsetting, doubtless to the hundreds of us who were treated to his genius. Particularly upsetting to me because it's been 40 years since the death of our mutual dear friend Bob Tajima, also killed by a motor vehicle.

Somehow I haven't seen a lot of mentions of Jack's famous lecture "Love is a plastic state" and more generally his work on plasticity. This may be a result of his hypothesis that noradrenaline was the key to plasticity didn't pan out in a simple way.

It took me a while to unlearn that generating ideas the way Jack did was all that you have to do. But it's certainly an exciting thing to do.

A force of nature.