[visionlist] Call for Papers | Journal of Vision | Special Issue: From peripheral to transsaccadic and foveal perception

Andrew Watson abwatson at me.com
Fri May 17 17:21:06 -04 2019

Journal of Vision
Special Issue

From peripheral to transsaccadic and foveal perception

Our visual system varies quite dramatically across the retina, and still we perceive the world as uniform across the field of view. We rapidly move our eyes about three times a second, and still we perceive the visual world as stable in time.

The visual impression that we gather from the world surrounding us is the result of a dynamic process that accommodates the information we gather from the peripheral visual field before saccades and from foveal vision after saccades.

A variety of phenomena such as transsaccadic attention, learning, integration and memory allow us to have a stable representation of the environment across saccades, as well as across the visual field.

This special issue will bring together research into various aspects of peripheral, transsaccadic and foveal vision, with the aim of promoting an integrated understanding of these seemingly heterogeneous processes.

Feature Editors:
Therese Collins	Université Paris Descartes
Aarlenne Khan	Université de Montréal
Concetta Morrone	University of Pisa
Martin Rolfs		Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Alexander Schütz	Philipps-Universität Marburg
Matteo Valsecchi	Justus-Liebig University Giessen

Submissions accepted through May 1, 2020. Accepted papers will be published as ready in the current monthly issue as well as presented together as a special issue on the JOV website.

Journal of Vision is an online, open access, peer-reviewed scientific journal devoted to all aspects of visual function in humans and other organisms. The journal is published exclusively in digital form: full-text articles may be accessed for free via the internet. The journal encourages the effective use of color, multimedia, hyperlinks, program code, and other digital enhancements. Journal of Vision is published by the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO). To submit a paper to this special issue please follow the Instructions for Authors at http://journalofvision.org/. All papers will be subject to peer review.

Andrew B. Watson
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Vision   http://journalofvision.org/