[visionlist] postdoc in psychophysics, fmri, & modeling

Denis Pelli denis.pelli at nyu.edu
Sun May 19 16:28:01 -04 2019

Dear colleagues,

A joint 2 year postdoctoral position is available in the laboratories of Denis
Pell <http://psych.nyu.edu/pelli/papers.html>i and Jonathan Winawer
<https://wp.nyu.edu/winawerlab/>(New York University to study crowding and
object recognition in clutter, using computational modeling, psychophysics,
and brain imaging. Crowding is a computational bottleneck in human object
recognition. Is crowding just a nuisance, or is it the key to understanding
how an object is recognized by a limited number of neurons? The
project “Studying
crowding as a window into object recognition and development and
<https://app.dimensions.ai/details/grant/grant.7440101>health of visual
cortex <https://app.dimensions.ai/details/grant/grant.7440101>”
<https://app.dimensions.ai/details/grant/grant.7440101> is funded by NIH’s
National Eye Institute.Information about our departments can be found:
Psychology <http://as.nyu.edu/psychology.html> and Center for Neural Science
<http://www.cns.nyu.edu/>

The ideal candidate will have strong skills in computational modeling
psychophysics and neuroimaging (fMRI), Our team will soon include Elena
Balashova <http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~sizikova/>, coming from Princeton
University, who is strong in computational modeling.

Application Instructions:

Please send the following items to denis.pelli at nyu.edu and jonathan.winawer
@nyu.edu.

   - please use email Subject: *crowding postdoc application*
   - cover letter
   - curriculum vitae
   - research statement
   - electronic copies of 2-3 papers
   - names and contact information for two letter writers

Please let us know if you are attending Vision Science Society Conference;
we can meet you there.

Best regards,

Denis Pelli & Jonathan Winawer

[image: photo]
*Denis Pelli*
Professor of Psychology & Neural Science, New York University

+1-646-258-7524 | denis.pelli at nyu.edu

http://psych.nyu.edu/pelli/ | Skype: denispelli
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#>
<http://www.facebook.com/denispelli>