[visionlist] A fully funded PhD position at the BMW AI and Robotic Centre of Excellence and Uni. of Glasgow, in Tactile Robotics
Mohsen.Kaboli at bmwgroup.com
Mohsen.Kaboli at bmwgroup.com
Tue Aug 6 08:52:16 -04 2019
An immediate fully funded PhD position: In Tactile Perception and Learning in Robotics
We invite applications for a fully funded doctoral researcher position in the field
of tactile sensing technology, tactile perception, exploration, robot grasping, and manipulation.
* The successful candidate is expected to advance the state of the art of active tactile perception, tactile object recognition, tactile in hand unknown grasp and object manipulation as well as tactile transfer learning.
* The PhD candidate will be hired by the BMW research department in Munich, Germany and will obtain it is degree from the university of Glasgow, UK.
* The candidate will spend its time at both BMW Robotics and AI center of excellence and the University of Glasgow and swill be supervised by Dr. Mohsen Kaboli<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=SXv_8m4AAAAJ&hl=en> and Prof. Ravinder Dahyia<https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/staff/ravinderdahiya/>.
* The BMW will cover all accommodation and traveling cost of the candidate while staying in Glasgow.
* The candidate will have a chance to collaborate with our other PhD students within our newly accepted European Marie cure ITN projects, Intuitive and iNavigate.
* The candidate will have chance to travel to top Robotics and Machine Learning as well as sensor related conferences.
* MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Mathematics, Systems and Control, or a related field from only top international universities.
* Strong theoretical or mathematical background, and a strong interest
in robotics and machine learning.
* Advanced programming skill in ROS and C++ is mandatory.
* Having at least one publication in top IEEE conferences such as ICRA, IROS or top journals such as T-RO, AURO, RAL, and etc.
* Efficient communication skills in English.
The position is full-time
* CV with photo
* One-page cover letter (clearly indicating available start date as well as relevant qualifications, experience and motivation)
* University certificates and transcripts (both BSc and MSc degrees)
* Contact details of up to three referees
* List of publications
* All documents should be in English and in one single pdf.
* Please send your application to: mohsen.kaboli at bmwgroup.com<mailto:mohsen.kaboli at bmwgroup.com> by 20th August 2019.
* Top application will be invited for an oral presentation and interview.
* The project will start on October 1st 2019.
Dr.-Ing. Mohsen Kaboli
AI, Robotics, and Tactile Intelligence
Research, New Technologies, Innovations
85748 Garching bei München
Mail: mohsen.kaboli at bmwgroup.com<mailto:mohsen.kaboli at bmwgroup.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist