[visionlist] VSAC 2020 in Zagreb

Drazen Domijan ddomijan at ffri.hr
Wed Sep 4 08:25:54 -04 2019

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to announce that the 8th edition of the Visual Science of
Arts Conference (VSAC), will be held in Zagreb from August 21 to 23, 2020.
VSAC is an interdisciplinary conference intended to bring together vision
scientists and visual artists to discuss joint interests in how vision
works and how it affects the visual pleasures we get from art and images.
It has started as a satellite meeting to the European Conference on Visual
Perception (ECVP) but over the years it has gained its own flavor and
dynamics. Special effort will be made to also attract academics from other
disciplines than vision science (art history, visual studies, cultural
studies, philosophy of art, ...) as well as established and young artists
and art students.

As in the previous editions, the conference will consist of keynote
lecture, invited symposia, talk and poster sessions. We are proud to
announce that the keynote lecture will be delivered by Claus-Christian
Carbon (University of Bamberg, Bamberg, Germany). Also, we will organize
special, innovative types of sessions and activities to facilitate the
interaction between academics and artists.

The main conference venue will be the Faculty of Humanities and Social
Sciences and its library. The faculty offers all modern conference
facilities and it is conveniently located near the city center.

Zagreb is the cultural, scientific and economic center of Croatia located
in its northwestern region, along the river Sava. Zagreb is a safe city
whose doors are always open to visitors. It offers a wide range of
accommodation options and it is easily accessible by plane from all
corners of Europe. Zagreb is also a good starting point to explore other
parts of Croatia. More info about Zagreb can be found at
http://www.infozagreb.hr/&lang=en

Please, save the dates! We are looking forward to welcome you at VSAC in
Zagreb in 2020!

On behalf of the scientific and organizing committee,

Drazen Domijan