[visionlist] Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychology - University of Otago
vanessa.beanland at otago.ac.nz
Thu Oct 17 19:37:28 -04 2019
The Department of Psychology at the University of Otago, in Te Wai Pounamu, the stunning South Island of Aotearoa New Zealand, has two positions as Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Psychology. These positions afford an exciting opportunity for interested scholars to research and teach from a kaupapa Māori perspective, and to conduct research that is transformative and beneficial for Māori communities.
Applicants may conduct their research and teaching in any area of psychology.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
• Completed or nearly completed PhD with established research focus in any area of Psychology;
• Outstanding record of research and teaching, or demonstrated potential for development of such;
• Commitment to rigour and ethics in research and teaching as well as collegiality, respect, and diversity.
In addition, one or more of the following is required:
• Familiarity with Māori concepts, values, ideas and practices as they relate to Psychology.
• Interest, and preferably experience, in research or teaching from a kaupapa Māori and mātauranga Māori perspective.
• An ability to contribute to teaching and learning environments that support engagement of students and staff with te ao Māori, te reo Māori and mātauranga Māori.
• Established, or commitment to developing, relationships with national and local iwi and rūnaka;
• Commitment to upholding values, tikanga, kawa and traditions as guided by Ngāi Tahu, who hold mana whenua in the region.
For more information please see:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist