[visionlist] L.O.V.E. Conference February 6 - 7, 2020, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

Jonathan Cant jonathan.cant at utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 30 11:08:05 -04 2019

Hello,

Can the advertisement below please be posted on Visionlist? Thanks very much.

Cheers,

Jonathan Cant, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Psychology
University of Toronto Scarborough
1265 Military Trail
Toronto, ON M1C 1A4
Canada
https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~jcant/

Hello Colleagues!

This is a reminder to mark your calendars and register for the 2020 L.O.V.E. (Lake Ontario Visionary Establishment) conference being held on February 6th and 7th, 2020 in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. Please forward this email to any colleagues or students who you think might be interested.

Details for this year’s conference are available at https://sites.google.com/view/loveconference

We have two days of great star-studded talks lined up! There will be five main speakers (listed below), as well as poster presentations (see below) and an award for best student poster.

SPEAKERS:
Shayna Rosenbaum, York University: " Understanding the nature, extent, and brain dynamics of deficient pattern separation in aging and amnesia"
Evan Risko, University of Waterloo: " Cognitive offloading: Adventures in distributing cognition"
Marieke Mur, Western University: " From image to meaning: Modeling representational transformations in the visual system"
Keisuke Fukuda, University of Toronto Mississauga: " Limited control over unlimited storage: Visual working memory constrains the access to visual long-term memory"
James Danckert, University of Waterloo: " Mental models in the brain: Evidence from fMRI and brain damaged patients"

POSTERS:
Once again this year, in addition to talks, we will have posters.
This is a great opportunity for trainees to present their work!
Poster submissions are capped at 72 total (on a first come basis).
Poster Submission Fee: $25 (deadline January 17, 2020).
Poster sizes can be a maximum of 4'x 3' (1.20 m x .91m).
Student Poster Award: If you would like to be considered for a student poster award, please submit an abstract (maximum 300 words) when you register your poster for the conference. Submissions will be judged at the conference and the winner will receive a certificate of distinction.

REGISTRATION:
You can now register securely online by credit card through Eventbrite by CLICKING HERE<https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/49th-annual-lake-ontario-visionary-establishment-love-conference-2020-tickets-76928650665>, or you can register in person at the conference.  If registering in person, we can accept credit card through Eventbrite, cash or cheque.

Early Bird Registration Fees (before December 20, 2019):
Student/Postdoc: $50
Faculty: $90

Regular Registration Fees (from December 21, 2019):
Student/Postdoc: $60
Faculty: $100

To keep registration costs low, registration covers conference costs, coffee breaks, and the L.O.V.E. Affair social (lunch and dinner on your own)

ACCOMMODATION:
We have arranged discounted group rates with the Crowne Plaza - Fallsview, Niagara Falls, 5685 Falls Ave., Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6W7
Discounted conference rates are available until 5 pm local time on January 20, 2020
CLICK HERE<https://book.passkey.com/event/50013851/owner/48887/home> to book online, or call 1-800-519-9911<tel:1-800-519-9911> and request the special convention rate for the LOVE Conference.
Please make your Hotel Reservations early. We need a minimum number of hotel room reservations by the January 20th, 2020 deadline, otherwise we lose our good conference room rates.

Cityview Room:
02/05 (Wednesday): $99.00
02/06 (Thursday): $99.00
02/07 (Friday): $99.00
Fallsview Rooms available upon request.
Please reserve your rooms before January 20th so that we don't lose our group rate.

SCHEDULE:

Thursday Feb 6th, 2020

12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Registration desk open

1:00 pm - 2:00 pm: Shayna Rosenbaum (Understanding the nature, extent, and brain dynamics of deficient pattern separation in aging and amnesia)

2:00-3:30 pm: Coffee break and posters

3:30-4:30 pm: Evan Risko (Cognitive offloading: Adventures in distributing cognition)

4:30-5:00 pm: Break

5:00-6:00 pm: Marieke Mur (From image to meaning: Modeling representational transformations in the visual system)

6:00-8:30 pm: Dinner

8:30 pm - 1:00 am: L.O.V.E. Affair

Friday Feb 7th, 2020

9:00 am - 10:00 am: Registration desk open and coffee

10:00 am - 11:00 am: Keisuke Fukuda (Limited control over unlimited storage: Visual working memory constrains the access to visual long-term memory)

11:00 am - 12:30 pm: Lunch

12:30 pm - 1:30 pm: James Danckert (Mental models in the brain: Evidence from fMRI and brain damaged patients)

1:30 pm - 3:00 pm: Posters

3:00-3:15 pm: Closing Remarks and Poster Award

The “LOVE Affair"

Registration includes complimentary beverages and snacks at the "L.O.V.E. Affair" on Thursday night.  More details to come!

Spread the Word! Print a Poster: LOVE 2019 poster (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SP9KNJU6jsRtVVG5bbOz3bfr1UXnGwtf/view)

CONTACT US: send an email to loveconference at gmail.com<mailto:loveconference at gmail.com>

We hope to see you there!!

Sincerely,

The 2020 LOVE Organizers:

Jonathan Cant (University of Toronto Scarborough)

Chris Fiacconi (University of Guelph)

Erez Freud (York University)