[visionlist] Postdoctoral position, University of Sydney

Barton Anderson barton.anderson at sydney.edu.au
Tue Nov 26 17:19:42 -04 2019

The University of Sydney is welcoming applications for a Postdoctoral Resarch Associate to work on an ARC funded project on problems of material and surface perception with Professor Bart Anderson, with opportunities for collaboration with Professor Ko Nishino at Kyoto University. The goal of the project is to understand the perception of shape and material properties of natural objects and substances. We are particularly interested in understanding how shape constrains our perception of material qualities and vice versa.  The primary responsibilities include experimental design, programming of graphical displays, data analysis, and writing scientific manuscripts. We are also strongly interested in using the experimental results to develop computational models that capture the psychophysical results; applicants with sufficiently strong computational skills will have opportunities to develop these ideas with Prof. Ko Nishino.

For more information about the project with Prof Bart and Prof Ko Nishino, please contact Professor Barton Anderson on barton.anderson at sydney.edu.au<mailto:barton.anderson at sydney.edu.au> .  Formal applications need to be submitted through the university of Sydney Website:

https://sydney.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.checkJobDetailsNewApplication&returnToEvent=jobs.processJobSearch&jobid=38D70811-DD0D-4887-85CE-AAF400F263F1&CurATC=EXT&CurBID=949319bc-8898-4f11-ac4b-9db401358504&jobsListKey=a63cd911-37da-43cf-8365-2bb86adbf293&persistVariables=CurATC,CurBID,jobsListKey&lid=19539150008