[visionlist] [CFP] First Workshop on Seated Virtual Reality, IEEE VR 2020 Atlanta

Bernhard Riecke ber1 at sfu.ca
Thu Dec 5 16:30:09 -04 2019

[Apologies for cross-posting.]
Call for Participation
*First Workshop on Seated Virtual Reality**
*Atlanta, GA, USA - 22 March 2020
https://sites.google.com/view/seated-vr/home

*** Important Dates ***
Submission Deadline: 27 January 2020
Notification: 31 January 2020
Camera-Ready: 12 February 2020

Workshop: 22 March 2020
Accessing VR/AR while the user is being seated is not uncommon. However,
sitting often is not recognized as a unique characteristic and instead
is somehow addressed in the background, or it is perceived as just
given, because it often also is not a design decision to make, and thus
does not generates attention. Furthermore, whenever being seated really
is a choosable option, it might look only limiting at a first glance,
but reveals various opportunities at a second. In the end, the reason
for being seated are diverse. However, the impact and questions on the
UI design as well as the user's perception often are the same.
Therefore, we think it is worth to combine research around this scenario
and bring interested researchers together, to identify and discuss
research and lack of such in this field.

In this interactive workshop we want to tackle this agenda in lively
group work and discussions, framed by short lightning talks of the
accepted 1-2 pages abstracts.

*** Location ***
Atlanta, GA, USA (co-located with IEEE Virtual Reality 2020)
Date March 22 2020 (morning)

*** Main topics ***
Welcome are all topics, which directly investigate, which impact sitting
in VR/AR has, or work where the user is being seated and this fact
has/had an significant impact on the interface design, including:

  * *

    Seated VR/AR

    *
  * *

    Working environements

    *
  * *

    Locomotion

    *
  * *

    3DUI design

    *
  * *

    Perception, Immersion, Presence

    *
  * *

    Cybersickness

    *
  * *

    Gaming, Entertainment

    *
  * *

    Devices

    *
  * *

    Lazy UIs

    *

*** Submission Information ***
We call for 1-2 page abstracts. A committee of expert reviewers will
review all submissions. At least one author per abstract must register
for the workshop as well as one day of the IEEE VR conference. Authors
of accepted papers will be expected to give a lightning talk at the
workshop. Submissions must be prepared in IEEE Computer Society VGTC
format
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fjunctionpublishing.org%2Fvgtc%2FTasks%2Fcamera.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNES62nMbzMSa8QcazSCZXPt_ta9zw>and
submitted in PDF via EasyChair
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Feasychair.org%2Faccount%2Fsignin_timeout%3Fl%3DFlHwUHRkBF6Ro7x48B184I%23&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHkG3gJMAjutpsNm1yW7f66K_Hnug>.

*** Organizers ***
Daniel Zielasko, University of Trier, Germany
Bernhard Riecke, School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT), Simon
Fraser University, Canada

*** Contact ***
zielasko at uni-trier.de <mailto:zielasko at uni-trier.de>

https://sites.google.com/view/seated-vr/home

--
*Bernhard Riecke, PhD*
Associate Professor | School of Interactive Arts & Technology (SIAT)

Simon Fraser University Surrey | 250 - 13450 102 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3T
0A3, Canada
Office: 2822 (Podium 2) | iSpaceLab.com/Riecke
<http://www.iSpaceLab.com/Riecke> | SIAT homepage
<http://www.sfu.ca/siat/people/faculty/bernhard-riecke.html>
E-mail: ber1 at sfu.ca | skype: thebernie