[visionlist] Post-Doctoral Fellow Research - Center for Bionic Medicine, Full-time
k-mummidisetty at ricres.org
Thu Jan 30 12:57:48 -04 2020
Tracking Code 44375 Job Description
*Post-Doctoral Fellow Center for Bionic Medicine, Full time*
We are seeking a new Post-Doctoral fellow to work in the Max Näder Lab for
Rehabilitation Technologies and Outcomes Research housed in the Center of
Bionic Medicine located downtown Chicago at the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
The Post-Doc Fellow will collect and analyze data from wearable
sensors/technologies during overnight sleep from patients in a
rehabilitation hospital setting. The position is supported by the NIH
through a large collaborative project to improve patients’ objective and
subjective sleep quality.
A successful candidate should have a background in neuroscience,
engineering, or a related discipline with knowledge or interest in
biomedical research and machine learning. Ideal candidates would also have
strong computational skills, with proficiency in MATLAB or Python. A
moderate level of independence will be expected, including the ability to
mentor undergraduate and graduate students. Previous experience conducting
sleep research studies OR analyzing physiological sensor-based data (such
as from accelerometers, gyroscopes, EMG, or ECG) is preferred. Due to the
intermittent need to collect or supervise collection of overnight sleep
data, some flexibility in schedule is required.
The Post-Doc Fellow will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley
Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving
for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and
compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all
others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Post-Doc Fellow will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core
Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability,
Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to
Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
*The Post-Doc Fellow, Center for Bionic Medicine will:*
1. Design, execute, and interpret research pertaining to sleep and
wearable sensor technology.
2. Assist with development of collaborative projects within and outside
the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab and test ideas for new projects development.
3. Apply for fellowships and grants for external lab funding and career
4. Develop, submit and publish the results of research projects in high
quality journals and present data to public conferences/seminars when
5. Participate weekly lab meetings, journal clubs and seminars.
6. Build and maintain a well-organized and accountable journal of own
laboratory protocols, experiments, results and analyses.
7. Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of
the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
1. Reports directly to the assigned Principal Investigator
*Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required*
1. Requires the academic knowledge associated with a doctorate degree in
Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering (PhD), or equivalent.
2. Less than 4 years of postdoctoral training.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
4. Ability to work closely with patients, clinicians, and professional
5. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills needed to participate
as a creative member of a growing research team.
6. Willingness to network within the organization and to independently
strengthen/develop new external collaborations.
7. Ability to timely plan and to coordinate project completions.
1. Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Job Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Please apply here:
Chaithanya K Mummidisetty, MS
The Max Näder Lab for Rehabilitation Technologies and Outcomes Research
Center for Bionic Medicine
Office of Translational Research
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab,
355 E Erie, Room#1401
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyRyanAbilityLab/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/AbilityLab> | YouTube
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist