[visionlist] Call for Workshop Proposals: ACCV 2020 (Nov. 30 - Dec. 4, 2020 @ Kyoto, Japan)
yonetani at iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Feb 6 00:23:57 -04 2020
Please Accept our Apology for Multiple Posting.
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV 2020),
Kyoto, Japan, Nov. 30 - Dec. 4, 2020
Email: accv2020-workshopchairs at googlegroups.com
Workshops Chairs: Imari Sato (NII) and Bohyung Han (Seoul National University)
- Workshop proposal deadline: June 5th, 2020
- Notification to workshop organizers: July 3rd, 2020
You may have to consider the following schedule if the papers in your
to be published officially on the ACCV 2020 workshop proceeding.
- Notification for ACCV 2020 main conference papers: September 18th, 2020
- Workshop camera-ready copies due: mid-October (exact date will be
We solicit proposals for workshops to be held together with the 2020
Asian Conference on
Computer Vision (ACCV 2020). The workshops will take place on December
3rd and 4th
after the main conference. The purpose of workshops is to provide a
comprehensive forum on
the topics that will not be fully explored during the main conference
and to encourage in-depth
discussion of technical and application issues. The ACCV 2020
organizers will collect workshop
registrations, provide facilities, and distribute workshop proceedings.
Due to space and time limitations, as well as to encourage diversity
of topic coverage, we will
only be able to retain a limited number of proposals. Therefore, we
encourage the workshop
organizers to submit proposals that are specific and detailed in
justifying relevance and viability.
Proposals should be submitted in PDF format by email to
accv2020-workshopchairs at googlegroups.com by Friday, June 5th, 2020
[11.59 pm JST].
When preparing a proposal, please note that ACCV 2020 author
notification is on September 18th, 2020.
The proposals should include the following information:
1. TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- Workshop title.
- Topics that will be covered, with descriptions of why they are relevant.
- Description of how this proposal relates to the workshops at
previous ACCV and CVPR/ICCV/ECCV etc. (be as specific as possible).
2. ORGANIZERS AND SPEAKERS
- Organizers' names, titles and affiliations, with one, potentially
two, contact emails of reliably responsive people.
- Background and experience that makes the proposers well suited for
organizing the workshop, including brief biographies.
- In case this event is part of a workshop series, please provide URLs
to the web pages of relevant past events and/or any other relevant
- List of invited speakers. Please list only speakers that confirmed
or tentatively confirmed their attendance. For each speaker, please
indicate if confirmation is tentative or final.
- Preference for half-day or full-day event. (Note that your workshop
may be accepted as a half-day event due to space limitation regardless
of your request in proposal.)
- Tentative program committee.
- Please indicate one of the following options describing the nature
of your event:
- Workshop is primarily an invited speaker event
- Workshop is primarily a peer-reviewed paper event (orals/posters)
- Workshop will have a roughly even split between invited speakers
and peer-reviewed papers
- Please also indicate if you plan to run a competition with your workshop.
- If relevant, please provide a paper review timeline.
- If the workshop includes peer-reviewed papers, will these papers be
published in proceedings? (If the answer is yes, you may need to
follow the publication schedule of the main conference.)
- If posters are considered, how many are expected? Note that the
conference may limit the number of posters based on available space.
- Special space or equipment requests, if any.
4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- After acceptance, workshops will be required to prepare their own
websites, separate from the ACCV 2020 webpage. These pages will
include workshop details, organizers, dates, submission instructions
and, once finalized, the workshop program.
- Accepted workshops must provide their program material using a
conference googles-sheet for producing program/app information.
For any questions, please contact the workshop chairs, Imari Sato and
Bohyung Han, at accv2020-workshopchairs at googlegroups.com.
More information about the visionlist