[visionlist] PhD position focused on "Personalized Image Quality Assessment" at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Seyed Ali Amirshahi
s.ali.amirshahi at ntnu.no
Mon Jul 13 07:46:12 -04 2020
PhD position focused on "Personalized Image Quality Assessment" at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Application link: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/189995/phd-position-in-image-quality-assessment
A three-year PhD Position (possible four years with 25% teaching duties) is available at the Department of Computer Science in Gjøvik. The PhD Position is focused on personalized image quality assessment. In recent years image quality assessment has seen a great improvement and most, if not all, image quality metrics are designed for and tested on an imaginary average observer. Very few observers would be consistent with an average observer, and image quality metrics should therefore be designed to be adapted to each individual. The project is expected to introduce an observer-based image quality metric.
The PhD-position's main objective is to qualify for work in research positions. The qualification requirement is completion of a master's degree or second degree (equivalent to 120 credits) with a strong academic background in computer science, imaging, image processing, or equivalent education with a grade of B or better in terms of NTNU's grading scale. Applicants with no letter grades from previous studies must have an equally good academic foundation. Applicants who are unable to meet these criteria may be considered only if they can document that they are particularly suitable candidates for education leading to a PhD degree.
* Good programming knowledge and experience, preferably in MATLAB.
* Prior knowledge or experience in one or more of the following: image quality assessment, human visual system, subjective experiments and/or deep learning.
* Enthusiasm for leading-edge research, team spirit, and capability of independent problem-solving.
* Good written and oral English.
PhD candidates are remunerated in code 1017, and are normally remunerated at gross from NOK 479 600 per annum before tax, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Appointment to a PhD position requires that you are admitted to the PhD program in Computer Science (https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/phcos) within three months of employment, and that you participate in an organized PhD program during the employment period.
About the application
Please note that applications are only evaluated based on the information available in the job application portal on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
Applicants must attach the following documents in one single PDF file to their application within the closing date:
* A cover letter where the applicant describes his/her personal motivation and relevance with respect to the requirements of the advertisement.
* Curriculum vitae (CV) which includes information about the candidate's prior education, work experience, academic merits and any scientific publications.
* A draft research proposal (maximum three pages) for the PhD study, where the candidate presents her/his own ideas for the PhD-work and how it can be applied, based on the project description given in this advertisement. This proposal will be neither final nor binding for the project.
* Certified copies of academic diplomas and certificates. Applicants from universities outside Norway are kindly requested to send a diploma supplement, or a similar document, which describes in detail the study program and grading system.
* Transcripts of grades.
* Certificate of English proficiency exam (IELTS or TOEFL)
* Names and contact information of at least two references.
* Up to three relevant publications in international journals and conferences. Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify the individual applicant's contribution to joint works, the applicant must include a brief description of his or her contribution.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dr. Seyed Ali Amirshahi (s.ali.amirshahi at ntnu.no<mailto:s.ali.amirshahi at ntnu.no>). If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Stine Terese Ruen Nymoen, (stine.t.r.nymoen at ntnu.no<mailto:stine.t.r.nymoen at ntnu.no>).
Application deadline: 15.08.2020
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist