[visionlist] [cvnet] Online experiment runtime software including webcam-based eye tracking

yalini yalini at zoho.com
Mon Aug 10 09:48:12 -04 2020

Hi

I am trying out the Labvanced eyetracking demo template (which sets up a study and you act as a subject)  - the calibration process seems excessively long and after repeatedly telling me to raise and lower my head doesn't seem to proceed.  Does anyone else have experience who could advise?

Yalini

Visiting Assoc Professor

U. Pittsburgh medical school

---- On Sun, 03 May 2020 14:32:15 -0400 Lester Loschky <loschky at ksu.edu> wrote ----

Hi Everybody,

What are the available options for webcam-based eye tracking experiments at present?  I understand that Tobii has a paid service that does that.  And I saw that Labvanced says that it can do webcam-based eye tracking.  Does PsychoPy have that functionality included in it yet?  Are there other available options?  Are there any comparisons of the accuracy and latency of the various available options?  What are other meaningful comparisons among the various available options?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Stay safe!

Les

--
Lester Loschky

Professor

Associate Director, Cognitive and Neurobiological Approaches to Plasticity Center
Department of Psychological Sciences
471 Bluemont Hall
1114 Mid-Campus Dr North

Kansas State University