[visionlist] Ph.D. Position in Cognitive Neuroscience (EEG)
u.pomper at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 2 05:58:15 -04 2020
The University of Vienna, Austria, is offering a
Ph.D. Position in Cognitive Neuroscience (EEG)
Applications are invited for a Ph.D. student (F/M/D) position at the Faculty of Psychology, University of Vienna, Austria. The successful candidate will use human EEG and behavioural measures to investigate neural mechanisms underlying auditory predictive processes.
The position is part of the Young Independent Researcher Group “Dynamates”, working on dynamic auditory predictions in humans and marmoset monkeys. This interdisciplinary project combines computational modelling, cognitive neuroscience and cognitive biology to study how humans and monkeys use auditory information when making predictions about the future. For more details, please visit the Dynamates website<https://www.kfs.oeaw.ac.at/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1181:lang-en-yirg-dynamates-dynamic-auditory-predictions-in-human-an-non-human-primates-lang-lang-de-zk-dynamates-dynamiken-der-auditiven-praediktion-in-menschlichen-und-anderen-primaten-lang&catid=103&Itemid=768&lang=en>. The Ph.D. student will also be part of the Vienna Doctoral School network CoBeNe<https://vds-cobene.univie.ac.at/>.
* Independently conduct human EEG and behavioural experiments (including designing and programming experiments, collecting and analysing the data)
* Communication of results in scientific publications and at scientific meetings
* Close collaboration with the other members of the project
* Co-supervision of MSc and BSc students
* Master’s degree or diploma in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience or a related field
* Strong interest in EEG methodology, auditory perception and predictive processing
* Very good command of written and spoken English
* Experience with EEG or MEG signal processing and analysis is highly advantageous
* Strong statistical skills and experience with coding (e.g. Matlab, R, SPSS) are advantageous
* Flexibility, ability to work independently as well as in a scientific team are important
* Letter describing motivations, personal qualifications and research interest
* Academic CV including a list of publications and presentations
* Contact details of two referees
Extent of Employment:
We offer a part-time position (30h/week), initially limited to 3 years. The contract will be renewable for a fourth year if the candidate performs well. The position is available immediately. The annual gross salary is EUR 30,754.50 (before taxes, 14 payments a year) according to the collective agreement of the University of Vienna.
Applications, as well as informal inquiries and questions should be submitted to Dr. Ulrich Pomper (ulrich.pomper at univie.ac.at). Applications will be accepted until an adequate candidate has been found. The first round of evaluation will start on the 23.11.2020.
The University of Vienna pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist