[visionlist] LCD / OLED monitors for vision science

Rufin Vogels rufin.vogels at kuleuven.be
Mon Nov 9 11:58:19 -04 2020

Hi, we are still using CRTs for stimulus presentation but want to switch to more modern technology. We have been testing some LCD displays (LG 27GN750 UltraGear (IPS panel) & iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB2760QSU-B1 (TN) panel)) recently but when tested with an alternating black-white square ( e.g. at 30 Hz for several seconds) all show a dim flickering "afterimage" (physically present and measurable!) at the stimulated location for up to a minute. Does anyone know LCD (or OLED) monitors that have decent performance (for motion stimuli) and do not show such disturbing effects?
Thanks,
Rufin