[visionlist] Postdoctoral fellowship opportunity in diffusion MRI and functional vision
Corinna_Bauer at MEEI.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Feb 1 18:35:17 -04 2021
Thalamocortical connectivity in youths with neonatal periventricular white matter injury
NIH-funded Postdoctoral fellowship at the Schepens Eye Research Institute of Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA
We are seeking a full-time postdoctoral fellow to work with Dr. Corinna Bauer on an NIH-funded project investigating the impact of neonatal thalamic injury on the development of vision-processing networks in the brain and corresponding visuo-perceptual dysfunctions. The project employs structural, diffusion, and relaxometry based MRI methods to target thalamo-cortical changes in morphometry, neural networks, and MRI-based markers of myelin.
The position is available beginning Spring/Summer 2021. The initial time frame will be for 18 months with the possibility of extension.
• Doctoral degree required with 0-1 years of related work experience
• Strong coding skills in python, MATLAB, bash, etc.
• Advanced skills in the processing and analysis of diffusion (including connectivity, DKI, and NODDI approaches) data, particularly focusing on network-based approaches
• Strong publication record in neuroimaging, with a preference for a focus on multimodal techniques in neurodevelopmental disorders
• Good command of the oral and written English language
• Strong organizational and data management skills
• Prior experience reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing scientific literature
• Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal, organizational, writing, and project management skills
• Experience with multicomponent T2 relaxometry
• Experience working with clinical pediatric populations
• Experience with psychophysical assessments of functional vision
• Experience with fMRI design and analysis
Interested candidates should send a cover letter including, a brief summary of their research interests and career goals, their C.V., and the names and phone numbers of three references to Corinna Bauer (Corinna_Bauer at meei.harvard.edu<mailto:Corinna_Bauer at meei.harvard.edu>).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Additional details can be found at: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/mee/jobdetail.ftl?job=3145087&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Massachusetts Eye and Ear is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, sex, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at http://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist