[visionlist] Recruitment - Senior Scientific Officer (Hong Kong)
career at cevr.hk
Thu Mar 11 00:42:49 -04 2021
CENTRE FOR EYE AND VISION RESEARCH LIMITED
Centre for Eye and Vision Research Limited (CEVR) is a research collaboration between The
Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) and the University of Waterloo (UW) in
Canada. It will be located at the Hong Kong Science Park, New Territories, Hong Kong. The centre operates a wet laboratory which houses cell culture, animal experimentation and mass spectrometry facilities. The mission of CEVR is to generate technologies to prevent vision loss in the aging population and preserve healthy vision.
Senior Scientific Officer (Ref No: CEVR-SSO)
The appointee will report to the Centre Senior Manager. S/he is the laboratory manager who looks after day-to-day lab operation; supports principal investigators and lab users for their experiments; supervises technical staff; and ensures that lab operations are in compliance with established regulations and guidelines.
1. Manage the wet lab;
2. Lead the technical team;
3. Create and implement all strategies, policies, procedures and best practices needed to support the optimal performance of the lab;
4. Ensure that the operations are in compliance with local regulations and internal governance;
5. Support research projects and;
6. Other duties related to the development of the centre/lab.
Applicants should have:
1. Master's degree in life science or a related field. PhD degree in biological science, chemical technology, or vision science is preferable.
2. Minimum 5 years' experience in laboratory operations with different laboratory disciplines: animal studies/biochemistry/vision science. Candidates with less experience will also be considered.
3. Team leadership with strong people management, interpersonal, communication and problem- solving skills.
4. Proficiency in written and spoken English and Cantonese.
Preference will be given to a candidate who has experience in lab operation/management in areas such as molecular biology and/or experiments involving laboratory animals and/or mass spectrometry.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their
current and expected salary in the application. Applicants are invited to send the application form (download<https://drive.google.com/file/d/16GzSQ4JHy3TnJsynR_ss8hFwvB7X1fxY/view?usp=sharing> here), CV, current salary and expected salary to the email career at cevr.hk<mailto:career at cevr.hk> .
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist