[visionlist] PhD Study Opportunities in Hong Kong’s Optometry School

SO RPg [SO] so.rpg at polyu.edu.hk
Fri Apr 16 03:32:42 -04 2021

The School of Optometry (SO) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is now inviting applications from high calibre students with PhD offers from top universities in the world to pursue full-time PhD studies at SO via the PolyU Presidential PhD Fellowship Scheme. Consideration of applications is on rolling basis until all fellowship quotas are filled. Apply now!
About PolyU and SO
PolyU is a world-class research university, ranked among the world’s top 100 institutions. With our research focus on myopia and the ageing eye, SO is home to a dynamic team of academic staff whose research wins accolades and grants both locally and internationally and is published in many leading scientific journals. Our academic staff prepare students to become well-trained researchers, healthcare practitioners and scholars.
In SO, our PhD students are immersed in an excellent environment with state-of-the-art research laboratories and facilities, including the Centre for Myopia Research, Optometry Research Clinic, Visual Neuroscience Laboratory, Future Optometry Laboratory, Ocular Anatomy Laboratory, University Research Facility in Life Sciences, University Research Facility in Behavioral and Systems Neuroscience and so on.
Application Procedures
To apply for the Fellowship Scheme, please submit applications via our e-Admission system (https://www38.polyu.edu.hk/eAdmission/index.do). Shortlisted applicants will be invited for presentations and interviews.
Useful Links
For more details, please visit:

  *   PolyU Presidential PhD Fellowship Scheme: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/gs/prospective-students/presidential-phd-fellowship/
  *   SO PhD programme: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/so/prospective.php?lang=en&pageid=854&dispmode=1
  *   SO E-prospectus: http://www51.polyu.edu.hk/eprospectus/rpg/2021/so
  *   SO academic staff profiles: https://www.polyu.edu.hk/so/index.php?lang=en&pageid=321&dispmode=1

Enquiries
Enquiries related to applications for the PolyU Presidential PhD Fellowship Scheme
Academic Registry [email: ar.rpg at polyu.edu.h<mailto:ar.rpg at polyu.edu.h>k/ tel: (852) 2333 0600]

Enquiries related to SO PhD Programme
Departmental Research Committee Secretary (email: so.rpg at polyu.edu.hk<mailto:so.rpg at polyu.edu.hk>)

Other enquiries
Graduate School [email: gs.enquiry at polyu.edu.hk<mailto:gs.enquiry at polyu.edu.hk>/ tel: (852) 3400 3635]
[https://www.polyu.edu.hk/emaildisclaimer/PolyU_Email_Signature.jpg]

Disclaimer:

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (the University) immediately. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

The University specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through University E-mail Facilities. Any views and opinions expressed are only those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent those of the University and the University accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or damages incurred or caused to any party as a result of the use of such information.