[visionlist] Postdoctoral Fellowship in “Deep Learning for Video Quality Assessment” at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Seyed Ali Amirshahi
s.ali.amirshahi at ntnu.no
Mon Oct 25 03:01:41 -04 2021
Postdoctoral Fellowship in “Deep Learning for Video Quality Assessment” at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Application link https://s.ntnu.no/PostDOC_CNN_VQM
A 45 months Postdoctoral position is available at the Department of Computer Science in Gjøvik. The position will focus on detecting and classification of distortions and enhancements affecting the video quality. The postdoctoral fellowship position is a temporary position where the main goal is to qualify for work in senior academic positions.
The Postdoctoral position is part of the research project “VQ4MedicS: Video Quality Assessment and Enhancement for Pre-Hospital Medical Services”. The project aims to evaluate the quality of the video streamed by paramedics and patients to doctors at the hospital, so they can diagnose and provide instructions remotely.
The Postdoctoral position will focus on developing methods and techniques for characterising possible visual distortions and enhancements affecting the quality of the video stream. This information could then be used in proposing new video enhancement and video quality metrics.
Required selection criteria
* You must have completed a Norwegian doctoral degree or corresponding foreign doctoral degree recognized as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD
* A professionally relevant background in machine learning, video quality, color imaging, computer vision or similar
* Background or experience in deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch)
* Good programming skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and an ability to communicate effectively
Preferred selection criteria
* Knowledge of the human visual system.
* Familiarity with subjective or objective video quality assessment.
* Experience in working in an interdisciplinary project.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow (code 1352) you are normally paid from gross NOK 553 500 per annum before tax, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The period of employment is 45 months.
About the application
Please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered.
The application and supporting documentation to be used as the basis for the assessment must be in English.
Publications and other scientific work must follow the application. Please note that applications are only evaluated based on the information available on the application deadline. You should ensure that your application shows clearly how your skills and experience meet the criteria which are set out above.
If, for any reason, you have taken a career break or have had an atypical career and wish to disclose this in your application, the selection committee will take this into account, recognizing that the quantity of your research may be reduced as a result.
The application must include:
* A cover letter where the applicant describes his/her personal motivation and relevance with respect to the requirements of the advertisement.
* A research proposal (maximum three pages) which could link your research experience to the focus of the project (detecting and classification of distortions and enhancements).
* CV, certificates and diplomas.
* Transcripts and diplomas for bachelor's-, master's- and PhD degrees.
* Academic works - published or unpublished - that you would like to be considered in the assessment (up to 3 items).
* Name and contact information of three referees.
If all, or parts, of your education has been taken abroad, we also ask you to attach documentation of the scope and quality of your entire education. Description of the documentation required can be found here. If you already have a statement from NOKUT, please attach this as well.
Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
In the evaluation of which candidate is best qualified, emphasis will be placed on education, experience and personal and interpersonal qualities. Motivation, ambitions, and potential will also count in the assessment of the candidates.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Dr. Seyed Ali Amirshahi (s.ali.amirshahi at ntnu.no<mailto:s.ali.amirshahi at ntnu.no>). If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Stine Terese Ruen Nymoen, (stine.t.r.nymoen at ntnu.no<mailto:stine.t.r.nymoen at ntnu.no>).
Application deadline: 15.11.2021
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist