[visionlist] PhD and PostDoc Positions in Computer Vision @ University of Munich

Björn Ommer b.ommer at lmu.de
Thu Oct 28 09:54:37 -04 2021

The Machine Vision and Learning group (https://ommer-lab.com/research
<https://ommer-lab.com/research>) headed by *Björn Ommer @ University of
Munich <https://ommer-lab.com/people/ommer>* (previously Heidelberg
University) is offering fully funded PhD and PostDoc positions. Possible
research topics are for instance within the areas of *generative models
for image and video synthesis, explainable AI, deep metric and
representation learning, and visual retrieval and pursue the latest
approaches in deep learning.* There is also the optional possibility to
explore applications of this fundamental research through existing
university and industry collaborations of our group.

You should be curious, highly motivated, and creative and we hope you
are a great person to complement our team. Strong analytical,
programming, and English skills and prior practical experience in ML/CV
are required. Our group offers a nice, friendly, and inspiring
environment for your future research, broad experience in the latest
deep learning techniques, access to high-performance GPU infrastructure,
and an excellent location in downtown Munich. We provide fully funded
positions with a competitive salary and benefits.

Your application should include a CV, a transcript of records, two
academic references, and a short (1-2 pages) statement of research,
summarizing your past and future research interests. Please explain why
you are passionate about these and highlight the practical experience
you have gained so far.

We welcome direct applications, or through the ELLIS program. Please
send your PDF to applications.mvl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de <mailto:>.

For questions,please contact Prof. Dr. Björn Ommer
(https://ommer-lab.com/people/ommer <https://ommer-lab.com/people/ommer>).