[visionlist] [jobs] Principal Research Scientist, Dell Technologies Office of CTO Research team (Shanghai, China)

Jia, Zhen Zhen.Jia at dell.com
Sun Dec 12 20:59:52 -04 2021

Principal Research Scientist

>From applied research to advanced engineering, the Engineering Technologist team has the expertise to shape ground-breaking products, material, and processes. It's a fascinating field of work. We're involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies, and generating intellectual property. We lead technology investigations, analyze industry capabilities, and recommend potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities. Our insights influence product architecture and definitions. And we work with colleagues across the business to ensure our products always lead the way.

Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Principal Engineering Technologist on our OCTO Research Office team in Shanghai, China.

What You'll Achieve

Working in the P&O OCTO Research team is fast paced and exciting. We work collaboratively with our global peers in the CTO office, with our product development organizations, and with customers, partners, and vendors. We strive to understand new technologies as they emerge in the industry, create exemplary proof of concepts demonstrating the potential of these technologies, and innovate example product use cases that inform Dell product roadmaps and influence customer perceptions.

You Will
*       Conducts independent research in one or more technology areas, with specific focus on advanced software programs and algorithms, to help broaden Dell Technologies' intellectual property portfolio, advance our technology leadership, and influence future product roadmaps.
*       Main duties will include creating functional proof-of-concepts that demonstrate the results of research conducted, along with white papers and/or presentations that outline the innovation of the research.
*       Research projects will span multiple technological areas, including but not limited to 5G, Edge Computing, AI/ML, Security, Data Management and Multi-cloud and other emerging technologies.
Take the first step towards your dream career

Essential Requirements

Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here's what we are looking for with this role:
*       Conduct analyses of technology trends to understand impact on Dell Technologies. Communicate with senior management as requested
*       Provide support on technical issues to business organizations. Deliver technically-focused presentations to internal and external audiences
*       Collaborate with university partners and with other companies to expand the company's knowledge of emerging results in these areas
*       Leading technical projects, architecture, research, and implementation of new technologies
*       Participate in internal and external innovation Forums as requested. Demonstrated history of innovation
Desirable Requirements
*       Strong programming and debugging skills in one of the following languages such as Java, Python, C++, Go and so on. Research experiences in one or more of the following areas:5G, AI/ML, Security, Data Management, Multi-cloud and Edge Computing.
*       Specific knowledge in Human-Machine Interaction and User Experiences is preferred. Specific knowledge in Digital Twin is preferred. Programming skills for UI, AR/VR creations and digital simulation/modeling is preferred.
*       Understanding of business environment, Communication skills, Cross-Functional/Team-work skills, Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, Ability to independently deliver from idea through design to code completion for proof of concepts, Fast learner, can work independently, Appropriate understanding of computer architecture, Understand industry trends, Project management skills.
*       Masters and above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Applied Math or equivalent with 3~5 years' experience, PhDs preferred.
Here's our story; now tell us yours

Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We're proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.

What's most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.

We started with computers, but we didn't stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what's next in technology, starting today.

You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.

Application closing date: 31/01/2022
Please email your CV to: Z_Jia at dell.com<mailto:Z_Jia at dell.com>