[visionlist] Real World Eye Tracking course 2022 - booking now open

Durant, Szonya Szonya.Durant at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Dec 22 06:36:51 -04 2021

We are pleased to announce that booking for the Real World Eye Tracking Course April 4 + 5, 2022 at Royal Holloway, University of London, is now open. This course is run by the Dept. of Psychology, Royal Holloway and is free to PhD students funded by the TECHNE AHRC programme, but we have a few spaces available for others. The course is aimed at considering real world applications, whether screen based, mobile or virtual reality based.

Please email szonya.durant at rhul.ac.uk<mailto:szonya.durant at rhul.ac.uk> if the places are full, as we will probably release more spaces closer to the time if we have people on a waiting list.

Why do you need to know about eye tracking?
>From glasses you can use almost anywhere to laptops with them built-in and now augmented and virtual reality headsets - eye tracking is everywhere!   But not all eye trackers are created equal, and to get the best out of this technology you need look around.  Whether for simply knowing where a person looks or understanding the cognitive states of an audience, this is a technology you can't afford to ignore.
Why we run this course
We believe you need some theoretical background to get the most out of eye-tracking, but we also recognise the value that comes from the hands-on experience of designing, running and analysing real studies.  Our aim is to give you the confidence to dive in and save you from drowning when you do! No other course offers this range of cutting edge multi-platform systems in one place, without a sales-person in sight! Try things out, and see the results for yourself.
What you will learn
How to justify your use of eye tracking methods and understand the evidence they provide
Where to find further information when running your own projects
How to choose the right tools and begin running your own project
How to get the most out of your research through good design and great analysis
Course content
The course contains a mix of interactive lectures and small team project work supervised by an expert in the field.  All attendees will experience running an eye tracking project from start to finish. You will also get to chat with experts and develop a feel for issues, independent of hardware and software platforms, from various research applications, including eye tracking in virtual reality.

Please see further details on https://royalholloway.ac.uk/research-and-teaching/departments-and-schools/psychology/research/our-research/real-world-eye-tracking/ or book directly on https://www.eventbrite.com/e/real-world-eye-tracking-course-2022-tickets-218722192967

Please note, as we only have a few places, they often sell out quickly!

For further info contact szonya.durant at rhul.ac.uk<mailto:szonya.durant at rhul.ac.uk>

We look forward to welcoming you in April!
Best wishes
Szonya Durant
Tim Holmes

Szonya Durant
Department of Psychology
Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham
TW20 0EX
01784 276522

This email, its contents and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. In certain circumstances, it may also be subject to legal privilege. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. If you have received this email in error, please notify us and immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in personal emails are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Royal Holloway, University of London. It is your responsibility to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus free.