[visionlist] Post-doctoral position in retinal imaging at Stanford University

Anthony Matthew Norcia amnorcia at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 4 12:00:20 -04 2022

A multi-disciplinary team spanning Stanford’s Ophthalmology Department (PIs Goldberg, Dubra and Liao) and the Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute (PI Norcia) is recruiting a highly motivated scientist to join our team as a Postdoctoral Research Scholar. Our group is studying mechanisms underlying retinal ganglion cell degeneration in a range of human optic neuropathies using a combination of advanced retinal imaging (visible light OCT and adaptive optics) and non-invasive electrophysiology (128 channel EEG).

We are seeking a recent PhD or MD/PhD candidate with prior experience in retinal imaging (OCT, adaptive optics) and strong computational and quantitative analysis skills. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, an interest in linking structural and functional measurements of the human visual pathway will be a plus. You will be involved in the full range of research activities, from designing and conducting experiments, to analyzing data, preparing, and presenting research findings at meetings and writing scientific manuscripts.

The research will be conducted at the Spencer Center for Vision Research at Stanford – a state-of-the-art research-dedicated facility adjacent to the Byers Eye Institute. Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the project, training across multiple measurement modalities is a central aspect of the position.  Additional mentorship and networking opportunities are provided in conjuction with a National Eye Institute Post-doctoral training grant that brings together researchers from across the Stanford Campus.

Please send a CV and a statement of research interests and past research experience to Professor Anthony M. Norcia, Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute via email at amnorcia at stanford.edu <mailto:amnorcia at stanford.edu>.

Anthony M. Norcia
Professor (Research)
Department of Psychology
Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute