[visionlist] Junior Specialist position at UC Santa Barbara: Psychophysics & retinal implants
mbeyeler at ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 23 17:13:56 -04 2022
*Looking to get some paid research experience during your pre-PhD gap year?*
We are inviting applications for a full-time Junior Specialist position in
the Bionic Vision Lab (http://bionicvisionlab.org) at UC Santa Barbara with
an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022 - September 1, 2022. This will be
a one-year position. The salary is based on UCSB’s salary scales
(~$45k/year, but depends on experience level).
Primary research duty is two-fold:
1. the collection of behavioral data by interacting with blind
individuals implanted with the Argus II Retinal Prosthesis System at our
participating sites (Johns Hopkins University and the University of
2. the facilitation of visual psychophysics study at UC Santa Barbara.
Qualifications required at time of start:
- A BA/BS degree in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience,
biomedical sciences, or a related field must be conferred by the time of
- 6+ months of experience running human behavioral studies
- Visual psychophysics (particularly with elderly and/or clinical
- Programming (particularly MATLAB and/or Python)
- The ability to work independently, efficiently, and comfortably in a
multidisciplinary team environment; exceptional organization and
problem-solving skills; attention to detail; excellent written and verbal
communication; a strong work ethic
More info and application instructions: https://recruit.ap.ucsb.edu/JPF02194
Applications received by April 14, 2022 will be given priority
consideration, but the position will remain open until filled.
I am looking forward to reading your application!
Department of Computer Science
Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
University of California, Santa Barbara
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist