[visionlist] PhD position at University of Glasgow, UK
paul at pmh47.net
Mon May 2 21:06:08 -05 2022
We are looking for a PhD student to work at the intersection of
machine learning, computer vision and computer graphics, in the School
of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow.
Possible research topics include (but are not limited to):
- deep generative models of images, videos, 3D shapes and scenes
- structured models for video prediction
- object-centric and compositional deep learning
- inverse-graphics approaches to object detection, segmentation & reconstruction
- applications of 3D deep learning, e.g. in medical imaging or digital heritage
You should have a good degree in computer science / maths / similar,
and excellent coding skills. Funding is available for strong
Please contact me directly (via paul.henderson at glasgow.ac.uk) before
applying, to discuss suitability and negotiate a research topic.
The University of Glasgow (est. 1451) is a member of the UK's Russell
Group of leading research universities. It is ranked 5th in the U.K.
for computer science [Times Good University Guide 2022]. The School of
Computing Science has over 50 faculty, and over 130 research students.
The School particularly encourages applications from groups who are
traditionally under-represented in computer science.
Dr. Paul Henderson
Lecturer in Machine Learning
School of Computing Science
University of Glasgow
More information about the visionlist