[visionlist] [Jobs] Open Post-Doc and Research fellow positions at IIT Genova Italy

Gaurvi Goyal gaurvigoyal at gmail.com
Wed May 4 08:47:02 -04 2022

The EDPR Group at Italian Institute of Italy, Genova is currently looking
to fill multiple Postdoc and research fellow positions in the area of
Robotic Vision, Neural Networks and Machine Learning for robotic
applications in an EU and an Industrial project.

Job post links:
https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2200003B
https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2200003D

*Applications’ deadline: May 8th 2022*

*ABOUT IIT*

At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and
Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our
times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society.
Our Genoa headquarters are strictly interconnected with the other 11
centers around Italy and two outstations based in the US. We promote
excellence in basic and applied research such as neuroscience and
cognition, humanoid technologies and robotics, nanotechnology, materials
for a truly multidisciplinary scientific experience.

*ABOUT EDPR*

You will be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group, where
computational scientists, neuromorphic engineers and robotics experts
collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common
research.  The EDPR Research line is coordinated by Chiara Bartolozzi, who
has extensive experience in neuromorphic engineering and event-driven
sensing and perception for robots. The research activities will be carried
out under the supervision of Dr. Chiara Bartolozzi and Dr. Arren Glover.

For position specific requirements, please refer to the links.

*SKILLS COMMON AMONG POSITIONS*

   - Good communication skills
   - Good command in spoken and written English
   - Strong problem-solving attitude
   - High motivation to learn
   - Spirit of innovation and creativity
   - Good in time and priority management
   - Ability to work in a challenging and international environment
   - Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a highly
   interdisciplinary environment
   - Good skills in algorithm development, programming, and analyze and
   explain your results

*COMPENSATION PACKAGE*

   -

   Competitive salary package for international standards
   -

   Private health care coverage (depending on your role and contract)
   -

   Wide range of staff discounts
   -

   Candidates from abroad or Italian citizens who worked abroad and meet
   specific requirements, may be entitled to a deduction from taxable income
   of up to 90%.

* WHAT’S IN FOR YOU?*

   -

   An equal, inclusive and multicultural environment ready to welcome you
   with open arms.
   -

   We like contamination and encourage you to mingle and discover what
   other people are up to in our labs!
   -

   If paperwork is not your piece of cake, we got you! There’s a
   specialized team working to help you with that, especially during your
   relocation!
   -

   If you are a start-upper or a business-minded person, you will find some
   exceptionally gifted professionals ready to nurture and guide your attitude
   and aspirations.
   -

   If you want your work to have a real impact, in IIT you will find an
   innovative and stimulating culture that drives our mission to contribute to
   the improvement and well-being of society!
   -

   We stick to our values! Integrity, courage, societal responsibility and
   inclusivity are the values we believe in! They define us and our actions in
   our everyday life. They guide us to accomplish IIT mission!

If you feel this tickles your appetite for change, do not hesitate and
apply!

*Warm RegardsOn bahalf of the EDPR Team,Dr. Gaurvi Goyal (she/her)Postdoc
ResearcherEvent Driven Perception for Robotics (EDPR)Center for Robotics
and Intelligent Systems (CRIS)Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT)Via San
Quirico, 19D16163 Genova, Italy*
*Email: gaurvi.goyal at iit.it <gaurvi.goyal at iit.it>*