[visionlist] Fellowship position at Magic Leap

Jacob Duijnhouwer j.duijnhouwer at gmail.com
Fri May 6 14:27:03 -04 2022

Augmented Reality device maker Magic Leap is looking for a Human Vision
Science Research fellow to strengthen the Quantified Experience team in
Plantation, Florida.

The position involves investigating the perceptual consequences of
technical trade-offs in augmented reality and providing direction for
technical innovations.

To qualify, you should have a good understanding of human vision science and
 psychophysic and have finished, or be currently enrolled in, a relevant
PhD or Master student program.

Topics of interest include image quality metrics, text legibility, eye
movements and accommodation, optics of the eye, individualized rendering,
and visual comfort.

Example projects you could start with right away include the modeling of
perceived image quality (Matlab/python), creating 3D visual illusion demos
(Unity), validating/data mining a huge data set on visual comfort
(questionnaires), or collecting human behavioral data (psychophysics). But
there are many other topics that need research and we are open to ideas.

The fellowship is a paid position (including a stipend for moving and
living expenses) and is scheduled to start soon (preferably mid-June). It
will last 3 months, with the possibility of extension.

If you're interested, you can find more information about the fellowship
here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/magicleapinc/jobs/4177982

Informal inquiries are welcome too. Feel free to contact me on jduijnhouwer
[at] magicleap [dot] com.

Finally, we will be at the Vision Science Society meeting May 13-18. So if
you're also at VSS we could meet there and discuss this fellowship and
other vision science positions at Magic Leap, if you like.

Best,

Jacob Duijnhouwer
Lead Human Vision Scientist
Magic Leap, Inc.