[visionlist] Senior Lecturer in Optometry & Vision Sciences, The University of Melbourne
aaj at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Jul 31 23:48:21 -04 2022
Job no: 0056615
Role type: Full time; Continuing
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Optometry and Vision Sciences
Salary: Level C - $135,032 - $155,698 p.a. plus 17% super
About the Role
The Department of Optometry and Vision Sciences is particularly seeking expertise that aligns with its overall strategic goals “to advance optometry and vision care within Australia and internationally through educational programs and research”. It is therefore looking for someone who is future-focused, and who can work both independently and collaboratively with the existing team to create new opportunities for transitioning discoveries and technological developments into translational outcomes with meaningful impact.
* Contributing to educational programs in the form of course coordination, development and delivery of lectures, tutorials, workshops and practical classes.
* Leading a successful independent research group that attracts research higher degree students, extramural research funding and generates innovations and outputs that that are externally recognized for their excellence and impact.
* Actively participating within the community of the Department of Optometry & Vision Sciences and the Melbourne School of Health Sciences at relevant meetings, including contributing to planning or committee work to build capacity at both levels.
* Maintaining a sound knowledge of current University Policy and Procedures, and reliably following these and providing compliant advice to others.
You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. You can work collaboratively and have the ability to mentor and guide junior research staff in their academic trajectory. You are a creative and ethical scholar who values diversity and works effectively with individual differences.
You will also have:
* a PhD in Optometry and Vision Sciences or other relevant domain,
* a demonstrated track record in independent and team-based research of direct relevance to optometry and vision science,
* a research profile at the national level and emerging international recognition as evidenced by strong research funding success, publication record, interactions with industry, patenting of discoveries and other measures of peer recognition.
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Applications close: 24 AUGUST 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time
Assoc. Prof. Andrew Anderson
Department of Optometry & Vision Sciences
The University of Melbourne, 3010
Ph: (+613) 9035 9916
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist