[visionlist] brightness change detection puzzle

Olivers, C.N.L. (Christian) c.n.l.olivers at vu.nl
Wed Aug 24 14:55:50 -04 2022

Dear Arun,

Looking at your demo, if I understand it correctly, you express the intensity changes in bit-space, rather than physical luminance space. Is that the case? My assumption would then be that, as for most monitors, your monitor's bit-luminance relationship follows a positively accelerated gamma-curve. Would that not explain it?
(e.g. https://www.benq.eu/en-eu/knowledge-center/knowledge/gamma-monitor.html).

Sincerely,

Chris Olivers,
Amsterdam