[visionlist] 3-year Postdoc in Visual Cognitive Neuroscience in Gießen

Daniel Kaiser danielkaiser.net at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 09:50:47 -04 2022

Hi everyone,

There is a postdoc job opening in my lab, for a project related to
predictive cortical processing in real-world vision. The position can be
filled as soon as possible and is fixed-term until the end of 2025. Our lab
is based at the Justus-Liebig-University in Gießen, Germany.

The project will employ EEG, fMRI, and concurrent EEG/fMRI to study
bottom-up and top-down processing during the perception of dynamic
real-world videos. Specifically, we will look at how the brain integrates
and interpolates visual information across the visual field.

The project is situated within a big multi-site research cluster ("Cardinal
Mechanisms of Perception", https://www.sfb-perception.de/index-en/) and
within a vibrant vision community in Gießen, which offers ample
opportunities for training, discussions, and collaboration.

This is a great opportunity for a candidate who has prior experience with
using EEG and/or fMRI for addressing questions in (visual) cognitive
neuroscience, very good programming skills (matlab/python), and a strong
interest in the brain mechanisms of visual perception and prediction.

The official job ad can be found here (application deadline is on 13th
October):
https://www.uni-giessen.de/karriere/stellenangebote/ausschreibungen/wissenschaftliche-mitarbeiter/618-07-E

If interested, please also check out our recent research on my webpage:
http://danielkaiser.net/publications. Please feel free to forward the job
ad to potential candidates.

I'm very happy to answer any questions over email:
danielkaiser.net at gmail.com

Cheers,
Daniel.

--