[visionlist] Postdoc position in cognitive neuroscience of visual attention

Liu, Taosheng tsliu at msu.edu
Thu Oct 20 14:21:49 -04 2022

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the Neuroimaging of Perception of Attention Lab, directed by Dr. Taosheng Liu, at Michigan State University. We are seeking highly qualified individuals to collaborate on projects investigating attentional control, working memory, and decision making, with the main aim to understand the neural mechanisms of feature and object attention. The project will employ an interdisciplinary approach that includes visual psychophysics, fMRI, TMS, and computational modeling. Recent relevant work from our group can be found on the lab’s website.

The candidate should have a recent Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science) and shared interests in the core research area. A research background in perception and attention is ideal. Proficiency in programming is necessary (e.g., Matlab, Python, C/C++), and computing experience on the GNU/Linux platform is useful. Experience with fMRI is highly desirable, and experience with other techniques such as EEG, TMS, is also welcome as our group has access to all these facilities. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to initiate new projects.

The position is available immediately and applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. The initial appointment is one year with the opportunity of renewal for additional years. Informal inquiry is welcome via email to tsliu at msu.edu<mailto:tsliu at msu.edu>. Application (CV, statement, publications, the names and contact of referees) can be submitted at the following link:

https://careers.msu.edu/en-us/job/512702/research-associatefixed-term