[visionlist] Open Position: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Computer Graphics (permanent, full position)

Kolb, Andreas andreas.kolb at uni-siegen.de
Mon Jan 30 11:50:35 -04 2023

Dear colleagues,

The Computer Graphics Group at the University of Siegen is looking for a
researcher at lecturer level with a strong international standing in
Computer Graphics.  The position primarily involves independent research and
teaching activities in the field of computer graphics, e.g., in the areas of
neural graphics, rendering, scientific visualization or graphical simulation
ideally also related to machine learning and/or sensorics. Moreover, the
person has to teach of research related courses or hold seminars in English
on Master level. We support setting up independent activities in the
acquisition of third-party funded research projects.

While the position is assigned to the Computer Graphics chair, it offers
wide opportunities to collaborate with other chairs in Visual Computing and
Sensorics, e.g., related to machine learning and computer vision involving,
for instance, range or light-field data.

Applicants require a scientific university degree (Master or equivalent) in
the field of computer science or mathematics with focus on computer science,
and a doctorate in the field of computer science with clear reference to
computer graphics. We expect a high ability for scientific work and
experience in the research field of computer graphics, proven by high level
publications in scientific journals, or peer-reviewed conferences, as well
as pedagogical/didactic aptitude, demonstrated by experience in teaching and
supervising student theses.

Please apply via email  to andreas.kolb at uni-siegen.de, or send an email in
case you have any question about this open position. Visit our website
https://www.cg.informatik.uni-siegen.de/ or the ZESS website
https://www.zess.uni-siegen.de to learn more about the environment.

Kind regards,

Andreas Kolb