[visionlist] [Jobs] One lecturer + one senior lecturer in computer vision at the University of Sheffield, UK

jungong han jungonghan77 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 07:21:22 -04 2023

This is an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer and Senior Lecturer in
Computer Vision (two posts) to join the Department of Computer Science at
the University of Sheffield. Both posts are supported by a generous
start-up package including funds for equipment/travel and a PhD studentship
(covering UK tuition fee and stipend for 3.5 years).

Sheffield provides a stimulating environment for computer science research.
In the recent UK Research Excellence Framework (REF 2021), 99% of our
research was rated in the highest two categories (4* and 3*), meaning that
it is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent. Half of our
research outputs were judged to be world-leading. We were rated as 8th in
the UK (out of 90 institutions) for the quality of our research
environment, and 70% of our impact was judged to be outstanding.

We are particularly keen to appoint candidates with a strong track record
of developing novel computer vision methods, in areas including (but not
limited to):

   - Robotics (such as computer vision for manipulation and autonomous
   locomotion);
   - Healthcare applications;
   - Visual search;
   - Object modelling and recognition;
   - Visual biometrics;
   - Advanced manufacturing (such as automatic visual inspection);
   - Vision for graphics.

For both posts, we strongly encourage female applicants, and the
application can be submitted via
https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/CWX463/lecturer-senior-lecturer-in-computer-vision

Best regards!
            Jungong Han