[visionlist] CVPR 2023 Workshop on Ethical Considerations in Creative applications of Computer Vision: Call for Submissions

Ziad Al-Halah ziad.al-halah at utah.edu
Tue Mar 28 12:00:55 -04 2023

Third Workshop on Ethical Considerations in Creative applications of
Computer Vision (EC3V) at CVPR 2023
<https://sites.google.com/view/ec3v-cvpr2023/home>

On behalf of the entire organizing committee, I am pleased to announce the
Third Workshop on Ethical Considerations in Creative Applications of
Computer Vision (EC3V) at CVPR 2023. Our primary goal is to establish a
dynamic platform for interdisciplinary discussions on the ethical
implications of computer vision, bringing together experts from diverse
fields such as computer vision research, socio-technical research,
policy-making, social sciences, art, and other cultural domains.

We solicit short papers that explore the development and application of
computer vision techniques in creative fields, with a particular focus on
fashion, art, and design. Accepted short papers will be made available on
the workshop's official webpage. The submission should be between two and
eight pages in length (excluding references). We encourage submission of
work that has been previously published, and ongoing projects related to
the workshop's theme. Accepted papers will be presented at the poster
session. Manuscripts should adhere to the CVPR 2023 template and be
submitted via our CMT portal.

*Submission deadline:*
We have extended *the deadline for paper submissions to April 17th*. For
further information, please visit our website at:
https://sites.google.com/view/ec3v-cvpr2023/home
<https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/792467279e785b63f06d7bbb128f77ee9947e4d6?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fview%2Fec3v-cvpr2023%2Fhome&userId=904033&signature=7a50dc276c47251f>

*Submission portal:*
You can submit your paper here: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/EC3V2023
<https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/4d263faffc7e725eb5eddc83bcb30c338c3c6a10?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcmt3.research.microsoft.com%2FEC3V2023&userId=904033&signature=6c2663788e81a681>

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in sharing this message with
researchers and artists who might be interested in exploring the ethical
considerations of computer vision tools, including but not limited to
generative models like text-to-image models and generative art. We are
particularly keen to welcome submissions from researchers in disciplines
outside of computer vision, encouraging them to submit papers and
participate in the workshop. Please find a detailed list of topics we are
interested in at the following link:
https://sites.google.com/view/ec3v-cvpr2023/paper-track
<https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/fcb9839f1913fe33e0597d0db6556825ba43fdbe?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2Fview%2Fec3v-cvpr2023%2Fpaper-track&userId=904033&signature=598165b0895ef781>

We wholeheartedly look forward to your participation in EC3V and are
excited to facilitate a stimulating interdisciplinary dialogue. By working
together, we can enhance our collective understanding of the ethical
implications inherent in the creative applications of computer vision,
ultimately contributing to a more responsible and informed progression
within the field.

Ziad Al-Halah
EC3V 2023 Organizers