[visionlist] [jobs] Postdoctoral position in “Cognitive architectures for autonomous and interactive robotics” at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Francesco.Rea at iit.it
Wed Apr 5 08:08:41 -04 2023
Postdoctoral position in “Cognitive architectures for autonomous and interactive robotics” - (2300002M)
WHO WE ARE
At IIT we work enthusiastically to develop human-centered Science and Technology to tackle some of the most pressing societal challenges of our times and transfer these technologies to the production system and society. Our Genoa headquarter is strictly inter-connected with our 11 centers around Italy and two outer-stations based in the US for a truly interdisciplinary experience.
You will be working in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary group, where roboticists, psychologists, biomedical engineers and cognitive science collaborate, each with their own expertise, to carry out common research. The COgNiTive Architecture for Collaborative Technologies (CONTACT) Research line is coordinated by Alessandra Sciutti, who has extensive experience in Cognitive Robotics and Human-Robot Interaction. Research will be carried out in a fully equipped laboratory, supplied with two iCub humanoid robots, motion capture and eye-tracking devices.
Within the team, your main responsibilities will be:
· the development of methods and relative software to generate robot behaviors and improve robot perception within the architectural solution for cognitive robotics;
· the design and implementation of novel adaptation models for autonomous artificial agents;
· the design of experiments, testing and analysis/validation in human-robot interaction experiments.
· PhD in computer science, robotics, computer engineering or related fields;
· Knowledge of C/C++ programming languages and Linux/Windows development tools;
· Good command of English language (written and spoken);
· Experience in robotics.
Please submit your application using the online form ( https://iit.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2300002M ) and including a detailed CV, university transcripts, cover letter (outlining motivation, experience and qualifications) and contact details of 2 references.
Application’s deadline: April 15, 2023.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist