[visionlist] PhD openings in AI-enabled NextG wireless XR systems and applications

Jacob Chakareski jacobcha at njit.edu
Wed Apr 19 07:35:02 -04 2023

PhD openings (full-time or visiting) are available in the AI-enabled
Wireless XR Network Systems and Communications Lab at NJIT (Fall 2023).
BS/MS-level students with background in electrical and computer engineering,
computer science, or applied math are encouraged to apply. The openings are
broadly defined at the intersection of mobile VR/AR systems, 5G networks,
UAV-IoT systems, optical/millimeter wave wireless networking, domain-aware
fast RL and deep RL for communication systems and applications, and
360-degree video streaming. We also explore novel interdisciplinary
applications to remote sensing, disaster relief, environmental monitoring,
and cyber-physical health care systems and devices.

The doctoral positions are fully funded, inclusive of summer support. They
are sponsored by external federal and industry funding, and provide ample
opportunities for collaboration and career advancement. To apply, please
email promptly your CV, a description of your research interests and
background, your course transcripts, and a list of three references. Please
include any published papers. For info on our studies, you can visit:
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=56gJcDoAAAAJ&hl=en, www.jakov.org.

Thank you and best regards,
Jacob