[visionlist] DEADLINE EXTENDED (May15th): Call for contribution and registration to the Systems Vision Science Symposium: Aug. 22-24, 2023, in Tuebingen, Germany

Pavlovic, Maria maria.pavlovic at tuebingen.mpg.de
Wed May 3 05:54:00 -04 2023

Systems Vision Science Symposium

Aug. 22-24, 2023 in Tübingen, Germany

--------------------------------

DEADLINE EXTENDED! SUBMIT CONTRIBUTIONS UNTIL MAY 15, 2023!

We have extended the deadline to submit poster contributions to the Systems
Vision Science Symposium to May 15, 2023!

You have also the chance to register without contribution – registration
without contribution to the symposium will be open until capacity or
deadline for organization is reached!

Our symposium takes place at the end of our Systems Vision Science summer
school Aug. 14-24, 2023. Presentation topics by the invited speakers will be

®    Topics in Systems Vision Science

®    The power of two: New perspectives on binocular vision

®    Central versus peripheral vision

We are pleased to announce our symposium's keynote speaker: Marty Sereno.
The keynote speech will be on August 22, 2023

Invited speakers of the Systems Vision Science Summer School and Symposium
include:
Assaf Breska, Peter Dayan, Andrea van Doorn, Wolfgang Einhäuser-Treyer, Karl
Gegenfurtner,
Ziad Hafed, Tadashi Isa, Jan Koenderink, Kristine Krug, Hanspeter Mallot,
Laurence Maloney,
Pascal Mamassian, Antje Nuthmann, Daniel Osorio, Andrew Parker, Jenny Read,
Alexander Schütz,
Manuel Spitschan, Kristina Visscher, Li Zhaoping.

--------------------------------

We invite you to submit contributions in form of posters to the symposium on
all topics in Systems Vision Science,
which combines computational, behavioral, and neuroscience methods to
discover functions and algorithms for vision in various brain regions
and their implementations in neural circuits. To maximize exchanges during
the symposium, each poster will be displayed
throughout the symposium, which includes five poster sessions (two daytime
sessions and three evening sessions),
in a venue next to the lecture hall and coffee breaks to give enough time
for discussions, networking and knowledge exchange.

To contribute, please fill out our registration form including an abstract,
which can be found here:
https://summerschool.lizhaoping.org/contributions-for-symposium/

--------------------------------

This year’s venue capacity is 100, including invited speakers and summer
school participants.

Information about our summer school, which takes place just before the

Please direct inquiries to svs.summerschool at tue.mpg.de
<mailto:svs.summerschool at tue.mpg.de>

Organizing team:

Li Zhaoping

Ulf Lüder

Maria Pavlovic

Junhao Liang

Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics

University of Tuebingen

 <http://www.lizhaoping.org> www.lizhaoping.org