[visionlist] [IEEE Biometrics Council]: Free Webinar on "3D Facial Mask Presentation Attack Detection" by Prof. PC Yuen

Vitomir Struc vitomir.struc at fe.uni-lj.si
Tue May 23 03:14:37 -04 2023

*** FREE ONLINE WEBINAR on Heterogeneous Face Recognition ***

The IEEE Biometrics Council invites participants to the upcoming (free)
webinar by Prof. Pong Chi Yuen on "Remote Photoplethysmography Based 3D
Facial Mask Presentation Attack Detection". Detail on the webinar are
given below:

Title: Remote Photoplethysmography Based 3D Facial Mask Presentation
Attack Detection
Speaker: Prof. Pong Chi Yuen, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
When: May 24, at 10am Hong Kong time (4 am CEST, i.e., May 23 at 9 pm
CDT, 10pm EDT)
Where: Online (Zoom)
Registration: (free, but required):
https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CMxMWw18QtKgo9zqJFujHQ

For details on the webinar see:
https://ieee-biometrics.org/index.php/activities/webinars

*****
Talk Summary: While face recognition technology has been extensive
deployed in many practical applications, research problems related to
face presentation attack detection (PAD) are still unsolved. The popular
face presentation attacks include images, videos and 3D masks. Among
these, 3D mask presentation attacks are the most challenging because
super realistic high-quality 3D facial masks can be created at a
reasonable cost. One of the promising approaches in addressing 3D mask
presentation attacks is remote photoplethysmography (rPPG). In this
talk, I will share my research journey on face presentation attack
detection from 2016 to present. The talk will first discuss the basic
principle of using rPPG technology for face PAD, and discuss our
proposed rPPG-based face PAD methods. The reliability of rPPG based face
PAD methods relies on the quality of the estimated rPPG signals. I will
also discuss the robustness of the rPPG estimation algorithms. Some
comments and suggestions on future research will also be given at the
end of the talk.

About the speaker: Prof. Pong Chi Yuen is a Chair Professor in Computer
Science and Associate Dean at Hong Kong Baptist University. He received
his Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 1993 from
The University of Hong Kong. Dr. Yuen has been involved in various
conferences and served as the director of Croucher ASI on biometric
authentication and biometric security and privacy. He has received the
Outstanding Editorial Board Service Award in 2018 and served as Vice
President of the IEEE Biometrics Council. Dr. Yuen has received the
first and second prize Natural Science Awards from Guangdong Province
and the Ministry of Education, China, respectively. He is a Fellow of
IAPR and currently serves as Senior Area Editor of IEEE Transactions on
Information Forensics and Security and Associate Editor of IEEE
Transactions on Biometrics, Behaviour, and Identity Science.