[visionlist] [CFP] ViDiScript. Visual Processing of Digital Manuscripts: Workflows, Pipelines, Best Practices at ICIAP 2023
matteo.dunnhofer at uniud.it
Wed May 24 09:42:03 -04 2023
CALL FOR PAPER
ViDiScript. Visual Processing of Digital Manuscripts: Workflows, Pipelines, Best Practices
Monday 11th September 2023, Udine (Italy)
workshop co-located with 2023 International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing (ICIAP 2023)
The workshop aims at collecting and connecting the most recent applications of Computer Vision to Historical Handwritten Documents Processing in its broader sense.
Many initiatives have focused on one dimension of the problem, such as layout analysis, image binarization, transcription or material aspects of the manufact. We would like to organise an event on the full historical document processing workflow and pipeline, connecting the multiple dimensions of the analysis of the manuscript document, in its material and codicological, as well as textual, paratextual and palaeographical aspects. We are also interested to the possibilities offered by Computer Vision tools for the preservation and analysis of ancient and medieval documents, which should be part of the workflow.
The workshop calls for submissions is addressing, but not limited to, the following topics:
· Handwritten Text Recognition of historical documents
· Layout Analysis for historical documents
· Writer Identification in manuscript documents
· Historical Documents processing workflow
· Few-shot learning approaches for HTR and Layout Analysis
· Computer Vision and Digital Codicology
· 3D reconstruction, visualisation and modeling for Historical Documents
· Multispectral imaging for analyzing Historical Documents
· Digital Preservation
Submission and review
Participants can choose between two formats:
1. Full paper (max. 10 + 2 pages for references): accepted submissions will be presented at the workshop, and published in the ICIAP 2023 Workshops volume, edited by Springer.
2. Abstract and short presentation (1-4 pages) of ongoing projects presenting workflows for preliminary, mid-term or pilot projects are welcome, although they cannot be published in the conference proceedings.
Paper Submission Deadline: June 23rd, 2023
Decision to Authors: July 21st, 2023
Camera ready papers due: July 31st, 2023
Submissions must be in PDF format and will be handled via the Microsoft CMT Conference system at the following address:https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/ICIAPDHH2023
Contact: ai4ch at uniud.it<mailto:ai4ch at uniud.it>
Matteo Al Kalak (University of Modena e Reggio Emilia); Lorenzo Baraldi (University of Modena e Reggio Emilia); Andrea Brunello (University of Udine); Emanuela Colombi (University of Udine); Gian Luca Foresti (University of Udine)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the visionlist