[visionlist] Visiting Assistant Professor Position- Lehigh University Psychology

Nancy Carlisle nancy.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 16:22:09 -04 2023

VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR. The Department of Psychology at Lehigh
University seeks a Visiting Assistant Professor for 2023-2024, with
possibility of renewal. Our department strives to create a rich learning
environment that is enhanced by the presence of talented faculty with
varying perspectives and diverse backgrounds. This position carries a 3-3
teaching load. Teaching responsibilities are at the undergraduate level and
will include Introductory Psychology and an entry-level Statistics and
Methods course in both the fall and spring semesters. Additional courses
will be chosen based on a combination of departmental need and the visiting
faculty member’s desires, and will likely include at least one upper-level
seminar in the visitor’s area of expertise. Applicants must have experience
teaching at the college level and be able to provide evidence of teaching
effectiveness. An earned doctorate in psychology by the date of appointment
is preferred. Research activity is not a required responsibility for this
position. Yet, we anticipate being able to provide some resources for the
visiting faculty member to continue her/his research, such as limited space
for data collection (depending on need), access to our Participant Pool,
and support from undergraduate research assistants. A potential for
research collaborations with existing faculty is desirable, although not
required. To apply, send a cover letter, vita, statement of teaching
philosophy/interests, evidence of teaching effectiveness, research
statement, and three letters of recommendation to our Department
Coordinator, Teri Loew (inpsy at lehigh.edu). Questions can be sent to that
same address (and will be shared with our Department Chair, Michael Gill,
as needed). We will review applications as soon as they are received and
applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.  The expected
start date is 8/15/23. Lehigh University is a highly competitive
residential research university located in Bethlehem, PA, in close
proximity to both New York City and Philadelphia. Lehigh University is an
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Lehigh University provides
comprehensive benefits including partner benefits.

https://jobs.chronicle.com/job/37466516/visiting-assistant-professor/

--
Nancy Carlisle, PhD
Associate Professor, Psychology